In Rhino 4 we added the ability to forshorten any view. Along with the ability to add your own display styles. Follow these steps to create a new Foreshorten view style in Rhino.
To Create a new view Style in Rhino:
- Go to the Tools Pulldown, select Options.
- Under Appearance, select Advanced Settings.
- To the right you can select the Display Setting you like and then select Copy.
- At the top of the display mode change the name of the Display Mode
- On the left of the dialog, go to Other Settings under the new Display mode you are in.
- Change the View Scaling that you want to use. For instance .25 in the Horizontal and 1 in the Vertical scale will forehorten the length of a boat to 1/4 its size.
- Press the OK button to save the style.
- In any view you are in, Right click on the View name.
- Select the the Display style you created
- The view should foreshorten.